Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh happy day


Hello All!
I got what could maybe possibly be some amazingly fantastic news this afternoon.
One of the local High Schools in my area has what they call a Moms Club.
All of the mothers for the HS football and cheerleading teams get together and do mom-ish, PTA type activities that make the world go round for most kids and schools alike.
Its wonderful what some mothers will do to support their children and their schools!
There need to be more organizations like this.
I got a phone call from who I assume to be one of the head mothers asking me for all of my info
and inviting me to an open house type event that they are having as a vendor.
Unfortunately the event is the end of October and I will be gone on vacation.
BUT she says that all the moms want me to do books for them!!!
So I do believe that I will have an amazing "contract" with the HS Moms Club!
*insert little happy dance here*


On another note.
Here are a few pics of some of the finished and unfinished simple little
take homes that were done at the open house at my LSS the other night.


A little tag with a cute quote that we did. Love how the flower turned out,
 the tag isn't really my style but its always good to try something new!
I cant remember the name of the woman who was teaching the tag
but great job!
Tattered Angels glimmer was used on the flower and the tag... LOVED IT !




Cute simple little Christmas card we did for one of the make and takes.
This was my first time using the I-rock believe it or not.
I wasn't overly impressed. It was handy but a little awkward to use.
The MS punch used for the bottom was a favorite of mine.




The front and back cover of what will maybe one day be a finished mini book.
I appreciate the fact that I got to play with pretty papers and was shown
how to use a new binding tool that I haven't seen in action before
but I would have preferred to leave this station with a finished product be it small and simple verses
an unfinished book. They had the stuffing of the book for sale, all the other pages embellies etc
but I really didn't have the budget to buy it all at the time.

Now I have a quick Layout that I LOVE that I did two nights ago as part of my night owl
status and putterings that I have been up to lately.

U & I







I love the new Maya Road ribbon that I got from my LSS the night of the open house!
How cute are all of these little white ribbon roses?!
Butterfly and button chipboard is K&Co
With lots of wonderfully delicious papers etc, lots of MME.

Well I am off for now, lots of work to get done!
Happy Thursday.



4 comments:

  1. I love all the little details in this layout! Good luck with the DT application!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that the football moms want you to do books for them! Your projects are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice LO, like the idea of a foot picture too.

    ReplyDelete